Roasted Carrot Salad
This light, fresh and healthy salad is perfect for summer days and presents well for BBQ's, potlucks, and dinner parties alike and it is guaranteed to impress and get rave reviews every time.
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups arugula
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat an oven to 400°F (200°C).
Combine the carrots, almonds, and garlic in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread out onto an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake the carrots in the preheated oven until soft and the edges turn brown, about 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
Once cool, return the carrots to the mixing bowl, and drizzle with agave and vinegar; toss until coated. Add the cranberries ; toss again until evenly mixed. Combine with the arugula and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Cheesey Cauliflower sauce 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Pasteles de masa (Green Banana... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes in a Jar 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Bacon, Potato, Rosemary and... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Watermelon, Prosciutto & Burrata... 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Pasta Salad With Chicken 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Carrot Apple Fall Muffins 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Maple roasted parsnips and carrots 4.1/5 (14 Votes)