Chick-Fil-A Carrot Raisin Salad
This copycat recipe tastes just like the original. This is the perfect Southern-inspired side for your next barbecue!
- Optional add-in at serving:
- 1 pound whole carrots, grated or finely shredded (4 cups)
- 1/3 cup dark raisins, loosely packed
- 1 can (20-ounce) crushed pineapple in juice
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Chill everything except the sugar for at least an hour before making the salad.
Drain the pineapple in a colander; press down on it, squeezing all the juice out. (It needs to be very dry or the salad will be runny. After draining it well, I pour it out on paper towels and give it a squeeze.) Place pineapple in a bowl; stir in the sugar and lemon juice. Stir in 1/2 cup mayo (can add more later if needed). Refrigerate until needed.
Grate/shred the carrots into a large bowl; stir in the raisins. Stir in the pineapple dressing, blending well. Refrigerate until serving time then add the pecans, if using, and a bit more mayo if needed for consistency.
You'll also love
- Amish Broccoli Salad 4.2/5 (94 Votes)
- Tomato Alfredo Linguine Skillet 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Clementine Cranberry Coconut... 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Snappy Ginger Apple Crisp 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- African Sweet Potato Stew 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Apricot Shortbread Cookies 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Mini Potato Kugel Cups 3.7/5 (38 Votes)
- Chicken Salad with Bacon, Lettuce... 3.9/5 (15 Votes)