Chick-Fil-A Carrot Raisin Salad
This copycat recipe tastes just like the original. This is the perfect Southern-inspired side for your next barbecue!
- Optional add-in at serving:
- 1 pound whole carrots, grated or finely shredded (4 cups)
- 1/3 cup dark raisins, loosely packed
- 1 can (20-ounce) crushed pineapple in juice
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Chill everything except the sugar for at least an hour before making the salad.
Drain the pineapple in a colander; press down on it, squeezing all the juice out. (It needs to be very dry or the salad will be runny. After draining it well, I pour it out on paper towels and give it a squeeze.) Place pineapple in a bowl; stir in the sugar and lemon juice. Stir in 1/2 cup mayo (can add more later if needed). Refrigerate until needed.
Grate/shred the carrots into a large bowl; stir in the raisins. Stir in the pineapple dressing, blending well. Refrigerate until serving time then add the pecans, if using, and a bit more mayo if needed for consistency.
You'll also love
- Big Goo's Sausage Burger with... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Baked Eggs In Tomato Sauce with... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- grilled chicken, bananas and... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cinnamon-Glazed Sweet Potato and... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Vegan Red Curry Peanut Pâté 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Southwestern Pork and Squash Soup 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- “Light” Carrot & Raisin... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Apple-Raisin Bread Pudding Recipe 4.5/5 (8 Votes)