Corned Beef Calzones
These hearty turnovers are perfect just about any time of the day. They can also be frozen and reheated for an easy meal on the go. Serve with a side salad.
- 1 (16-ounces) package uncooked pizza dough
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 cup 1000 Island dressing
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 cups leftover corned beef, shredded
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
Adapted from recipecenter.stopandshop.com
Preheat oven to 425°F. Divide pizza dough into 4 pieces. Roll each into an 8-inch circle, using flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking.
Sprinkle ¼ tsp caraway seeds onto each round, pressing in lightly. Spread 3 tbsp of the dressing onto each calzone, leaving ½ inch space around the edges. Place 1 slice of cheese onto ½ of each circle, folding cheese if necessary to fit.
In a large bowl, mix corned beef and sauerkraut. Spoon mixture over cheese.
Brush the edges of each circle with water and fold calzones in half. Seal edges with a fork and cut 2 small slits on the top of each. Transfer to a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 min., or until golden brown.
Cut in half and serve with remaining dressing for dipping, if desired.
They can also be frozen and reheated for an easy meal on the go. Serve with a side salad.
You'll also love
- Cotton Candy Jelly 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Tomato Lentil Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Casserole 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Amaretto-Cranberry Kiss Cocktail 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cauliflower Cheddar Fritters... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Skillet Pasta with Chicken... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Patty Parmesan 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Cheddar Bacon Pancakes 4.4/5 (5 Votes)