Cauliflower Cheddar Fritters (Pancakes)
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 25 mins
Author: Layla Recipe type: lunch or side Cuisine: American Serves: 24 patties
NOTE: You could bake these in a muffin tin on 350 for 20 minutes. Only fill half full at the most.
- 1 head cauliflower (or a 16 oz bag of frozen cauliflower)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1 cup bread crumbs (panko or italian, I used panko)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (more of less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic and onion powder
- olive or canola oil
Adapted from gimmedelicious.com
Cut cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling water until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain, then process the cauliflower in the food processor until it become the texture of rice. This can also be done using a knife.
Combine the minced cauliflower, cheeses, eggs, butter, flour, onions and breadcrumbs, and seasoning.
Heat skillet to medium/high heat. Coat with oil (about ½ inch) Form cauliflower mixture into patties about 3 inches across.
Cook until golden brown & set, about 3-4 minutes per side. Enjoy with sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce!