Honey Balsamic Chicken with Green Beans, Potatoes & Cherry Tomatoes
Meal in a dish - baked all at once.
may be cut in half easily
Rice may be substituted for potatoes but cooked separately.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (4 each skinless, boneless or whatever)
- 1-1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 105mins
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a medium bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, a tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Stir well to mix.
Place chicken breast in a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the top (from step above). Seal and toss the chicken to evenly coat. Marinate for at least 30 minutes if chicken is thawed. Overnight is better.
Next place the potatoes and cherry tomatoes in a casserole dish, drizzle the remaining olive oil over potatoes, season with salt and pepper and stir to coat. Put the green beans on top of the potatoes and the chicken on top of the green beans evenly spaced in the dished. Pour the marinade over the casserole dish.
Place in 425 degree oven and back 30-45 minutes - depending on how much you have. Based the chicken breast with the pan juices. Use a folk to test the potatoes to be cooked soft enough and taste the green beans for tenderness. The chicken should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes. Spoon juices over the top and serve.
You'll also love
- Greenfield's Hot Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Easy Chicken, Broccoli and Rice... 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts with Spiced... 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Balsamic Chicken and Pears 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Balsamic Chicken and Apple Skewers 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Honey-Mustard Chicken Recipe 4.4/5 (7 Votes)