Roasted Garlic Bean Dip
This Roasted Garlic Bean Dip tastes amazing with vegetable sticks and or pita chips!
- 1 head garlic
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 to 8 medium carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 2 to 3 rutabagas, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 (15 -ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, liquid reserved
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pita chips, for serving
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Cut the top off the head of garlic, exposing the cloves. Place on a sheet of foil, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap up the garlic tightly and roast until soft, 20 to 30 minutes; let cool slightly. Squeeze out the roasted garlic.
Meanwhile, drizzle a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the carrots and rutabagas, season with salt and pepper and toss. Roast until the veggies are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Combine the beans, lemon zest and juice, thyme, roasted garlic and the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a food processor or blender. Pulse until nice and creamy. Season with salt and pepper. If the dip is too thick, blend in some of the liquid from the beans (or use low-sodium vegetable broth). Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
Serve with the roasted vegetable sticks and pita chips.
You'll also love
- Muffin Pan Tuna Melts 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Christmas Gooey Butter Cookies 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Shrimp & Avocado Taco Salad 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Soy-Honey Chicken With Lemon... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Tamales with Pumpkin Mole 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Braised Coconut Spinach &... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Bread... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Spooky Pigs in a Blanket with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)