The Ultimate Crab Dip
Yes, this might just be the ultimate crab dip! Serve this at a party, it will go fast, maybe double the recipe?
- 1 cup cubed white bread, crusts removed
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1/3 cup onion, minced
- 11 ounce king crab meat, cooked and roughly shredded
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 slices toasted bread
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat broiler to high heat and warm a cast-iron medium serving dish over a low flame while you prepare the crab.
Combine the bread and milk in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes. Purée the milk and bread in a blender until very smooth, then force the mixture through a fine mesh strainer.
In a 3-quart saucepan, warm the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the oregano and sauté gently, just until it becomes fragrant and begins to sizzle, about 2 minutes. Add the onion and continue sautéing for 5 to 6 minutes, until the onion is translucent and soft. Add the crab and the bread/milk mixture to the pan and stir gently until thoroughly combined and warm. Remove the pan from the stove and fold in the heavy cream. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Transfer the crab mixture to your preheated serving dish. Evenly cover the dip with grated Parmesan cheese and broil for 5 minutes. Allow the crab dip to rest for 5 minutes before serving with toasted bread.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Apple Dump Cake 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Spicy Grilled Shrimp With Apricot... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Pecan Cajun Shrimp 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet Noodle Kugel, Lokshen Kugel 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Antipasto Salad 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Paleo Spinach & Artichoke Dip 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Kale & Artichoke Dip 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Crab & Avocado Salad with Pancetta 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
Review this recipe