Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Potato Casserole Recipe
This Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Potato Casserole Recipe brings back fond memories of the past but still stands the test of time and LOVED to this day. What more can you ask for than yummy and easy comfort food?
- 3 cups Idaho potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut into cubes when cool, approx. 1 lb
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lb Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb skinless smoked sausage (Eckrich is my favorite brand)
- 1/8 tsp paprika
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Cut sausage in half, lengthwise and then chop into ½ inch half moon cuts. Cook in a saute pan for about 15 minutes turning frequently, until slightly brown.
Meanwhile, put cooked and diced potatoes in 2 quart casserole. Add cooked meat and give it a gentle toss.
Mix butter, flour, milk, salt, pepper and Velveeta cheese in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, melted and smooth. Use a whisk and stir constantly.
Pour white cheese sauce over potatoes and meat. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top and then sprinkle paprika evenly over the top.
Bake in preheated 350°F. oven for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown on top.
Note: you can substitute ham for sausage
You'll also love
- Mini Pumpkin Pie Croissants 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings 4.4/5 (59 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Fudge (Easiest EVER) 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Basil Tomato Pork Chops 4.6/5 (52 Votes)
- Cheesy Rotel Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Reuben-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin 4.4/5 (62 Votes)
- Parmesan Baked Potato Halves 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms 4.5/5 (60 Votes)