Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Potato Casserole Recipe
This Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Potato Casserole Recipe brings back fond memories of the past but still stands the test of time and LOVED to this day. What more can you ask for than yummy and easy comfort food?
- 3 cups Idaho potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut into cubes when cool, approx. 1 lb
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lb Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb skinless smoked sausage (Eckrich is my favorite brand)
- 1/8 tsp paprika
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Cut sausage in half, lengthwise and then chop into ½ inch half moon cuts. Cook in a saute pan for about 15 minutes turning frequently, until slightly brown.
Meanwhile, put cooked and diced potatoes in 2 quart casserole. Add cooked meat and give it a gentle toss.
Mix butter, flour, milk, salt, pepper and Velveeta cheese in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, melted and smooth. Use a whisk and stir constantly.
Pour white cheese sauce over potatoes and meat. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top and then sprinkle paprika evenly over the top.
Bake in preheated 350°F. oven for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown on top.
Note: you can substitute ham for sausage
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (677 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (440 Votes)