Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
Serve up some delicious Mexican food for dinner one night with these easy cream cheese chicken enchiladas.
- 5 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 (10-ounce) can of enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed (canned corn works just fine, but drain it first)
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray.
In the bowl of your mixer cream together the cream cheese, sour cream, and 1/2 of the enchilada sauce. Stir in 1/2 cup of each type of cheese.
In a second bowl toss together the chicken, corn, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper, green chilies, and half of the scallions. Add the chicken mixture to the cheese mixture and combine well.
Spread about half of the remaining enchilada sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
Spoon the filling into each tortilla, roll the tortilla up, and place in the baking dish with the seam down. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the filled tortillas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with the remaining scallions and serve.
You'll also love
- Chicken Supreme Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- The Ultimate Beef Stew 4.3/5 (84 Votes)
- Sonoma Chicken Salad Sandwich 4.4/5 (78 Votes)
- Sweet Chili Chicken Strips 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Easy Cream Cheese Pound Cake 4.3/5 (89 Votes)
- Baked Cheddar Chicken Chimichangas 4.6/5 (53 Votes)
- Easy Chicken & Rice Wraps by... 4.4/5 (77 Votes)