Mashed Potatoes with Dill
By carol gorman
Mashed potatoes are a Thanksgiving side dish staple, and fresh dill and buttermilk take them to the next level with bright, refreshing flavors.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup potato water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 2 scallions, sliced
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Place 2 pounds small red potatoes and 4 smashed garlic cloves in a pot; cover with salted water.
Bring to a boil, then simmer until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Reserve 1 cup cooking water; drain.
Mash the potatoes with 1/2 cup each cooking water and buttermilk, 3 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons chopped dill and 2 sliced scallions, adding the remaining cooking water as needed. Season with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Skinny Shrimp Alfredo Pasta Bake 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Strawberry Poke Cake 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Chinese Pork Ribs with Plum Sauce 3.8/5 (26 Votes)
- Creamy Artichoke, Crab & Brie Dip 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Gluten Free Banana Walnut Muffins 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Country Green Beans 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Paleo Yummy Sweet Potato Gnocchi 4.3/5 (9 Votes)