Fried Mac & Cheese Balls
Fried mac and cheese balls are the perfect ooey, gooey comfort food filled with creamy cheese and pasta, then deep-fried for a perfectly poppable cheesy treat that is sure to be a hit at any celebratory party, gameday fiesta, or dinner party. Start your meal off the right way with these lusciously crispy, bite-sized treats! Serve with marinara sauce, ranch dressing, or any sauce you enjoy.
- 4 quarts water
- 1 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) package process cheese spread, cubed
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- peanut oil for frying
- Franks Hot Sauce to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
In a large saucepan, bring water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil over high heat. Add pasta, and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until tender; drain well.
In a large bowl, combine hot cooked pasta, 1/2 cup milk, cheese spread, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper; stir until cheeses are melted. Stir in hot sauce to taste.
Spoon onto a prepared baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours.
In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and cornmeal. Dip balls into egg mixture, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
In a large Dutch oven or cast iron pot, pour oil to a depth of 2 inches; heat to 350°F over medium heat. Fry macaroni and cheese balls in batches, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Serve with marinara sauce, ranch, or other dipping sauce of your choice.
You'll also love
- Fruit Pizza 4.2/5 (43 Votes)
- Hawaiian Ham Roll Sliders 4.2/5 (49 Votes)
- Bacon Pepper Jelly Pecan Baked... 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Mama's Old Fashioned Stuffing 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Fajita Pasta 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Blushing Strawberry Cupcakes 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Spicy Brunch Lasagna 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Quinoa & Black Bean Burgers with... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)