Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Potato Casserole
Get through that mid-week dinner slump with this super easy potato and sausage casserole. Everyone in the family will love its cheesy goodness!
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut in cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 # skinless smoked sausage
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cut sausage in half, lengthwise, and then chop into 1/2" pieces. Cook in a frying pan for about 10 minutes, turning frequently to slightly brown.
Put cooked and diced potatoes in a 2 quart casserole dish, add the meat and give it a gentle toss.
Mix all remaining ingredients (except for shredded Cheddar cheese & paprika)in a medium saucepan over a medium heat until warm, melted and smooth, use a whisk and stir constantly.
Pour cheese sauce over the potatoes and meat. Sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese and then the paprika.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 35 to 45 minutes.
You'll also love
- Blueberry and Candied Ginger Ice... 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie 4.1/5 (69 Votes)
- Banana Split Fluff Salad 4.2/5 (64 Votes)
- Tomato, Cucumber, Avocado Salad 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Balls 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Turkey Cheddar Hawaiian Rolls 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Overnight Ham, Egg & Cheese Monkey... 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo for Two 4.4/5 (36 Votes)