Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Potato Casserole
Get through that mid-week dinner slump with this super easy potato and sausage casserole. Everyone in the family will love its cheesy goodness!
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut in cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 # skinless smoked sausage
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cut sausage in half, lengthwise, and then chop into 1/2" pieces. Cook in a frying pan for about 10 minutes, turning frequently to slightly brown.
Put cooked and diced potatoes in a 2 quart casserole dish, add the meat and give it a gentle toss.
Mix all remaining ingredients (except for shredded Cheddar cheese & paprika)in a medium saucepan over a medium heat until warm, melted and smooth, use a whisk and stir constantly.
Pour cheese sauce over the potatoes and meat. Sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese and then the paprika.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 35 to 45 minutes.
You'll also love
- Homemade Buttermilk Cornbread 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Cream... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Easy Potato Skins 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Potatoes, Ranch 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Crock Pot - Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Pretzel Hot Dog Buns 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels PRINT 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Kelly's Baked Beans with Bacon &... 4.5/5 (33 Votes)