Blueberry and Candied Ginger Ice Cream
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbs candied ginger minced
1. In a pan combine the freshly rinsed blueberries, both sugars and 1 tbs of the ginger. Bring them to a boil and simmer until the sugar dissolved and the berries soften.
2. Place contents into a blender and pulse a few times and strain in a fine mesh strainer and discard pulp.
3. Return to pan and add milk and cream and mix.
4. Pour mixture into the ice cream maker, following the manufactures instructions.
5. Run for 25 minutes and add last tbs of candied ginger and let fully combine.
6. Take frozen soft serve and place into a airtight container and freeze for 2-3 hours to firm up.