Cranberry Sauce with Bourbon & Mint
Traditional cranberries with a hint of bourbon and mint flavors. Hazelnuts are added after cooking to add a bit of crunch to the cranberries.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar; more to taste
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 5 big sprigs fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts
Cooking time 125mins
Adapted from finecooking.com
Put the cranberries, sugar, bourbon, mint, and 1/2 cup water in a 4-quart saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and many of the cranberries pop, about 20 minutes. Add more sugar to taste and cook until dissolved. Cool to room temperature, remove the mint sprigs, and add the hazelnuts.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Return to room temperature before serving.
Make Ahead Tips
The sauce can be made up to 2 days ahead.
nutrition information (per serving):
Calories (kcal): 180, Fat (kcal): 3.5, Fat Calories (g): 30, Saturated Fat (g): 0, Protein (g): 1, Monounsaturated Fat (g): 2.5, Carbohydrates (mg): 34, Polyunsaturated Fat (mg): 0, Sodium (g): 0, Cholesterol (g): 0, Fiber (g): 4,
You'll also love
- Holiday Season Cranberry Bread 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Cranberry Pretzel Salad 4/5 (84 Votes)
- Avocado Egg Salad 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Ciabatta Stuffing with Chorizo... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Paleo Sweet Potato Pie 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Baked Apples and Pork 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Cranberry-Apple Granola Muffins 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Creamy One-Pot Pumpkin Pasta 4/5 (3 Votes)