Slow Cooker Cinnamon Almonds
These slow cooker cinnamon almonds are so easy and so versatile! Use them on salads, as an appetizer, or even as a food gift!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups almonds
- 1/8 cup water
Adapted from therecipecritic.com
Mix together in a large bowl sugars, cinnamon, and salt.
In another bowl with a whisk, mix together the egg white and vanilla until it is frothy. Add the almonds and coat thoroughly. This will help the mixture stick to the almonds during the cooking process.
Prepare your slow cooker by spraying it with cooking spray. I used a 4 quart. Add the cinnamon almond mixture to the almonds and turn it to low. Stir until the cinnamon sugar mixture is coated well on the almonds. Be prepared for your house to smell amazing!
You want to cook for about 3-4 hours. Mine took about 3. Stirring every 20 minutes. In the very last hour, add ¼ cup water and stir well. This will ensure a crunchy coating and help the mixture to harden.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the almonds onto the sheet to cool. The almonds should be pretty sticky so be sure to separate them the best that you can and let them cool!
You'll also love
- Avocado Egg Rolls with Creamy... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Double Kisses Truffles 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Christmas Rib Roast 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Chocolate Peppermint Coffee 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple Streusel Slab Pie 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Burrito Bowl Mason Jars 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Roast Beef Summer Rolls 4.5/5 (10 Votes)