Avocado Egg Rolls with Creamy Cilantro Ranch Dip
These avocado egg rolls are extremely tasty and so easy to throw together if you have some friends coming over and need an appetizer.
- AVOCADO EGG ROLLS:
- 3 large ripe avocados, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspooon salt
- Egg roll wrappers
- Water (for sealing edges of eggrolls)
- Oil (for frying)
- CREAMY CILANTRO RANCH DIP:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ranch mix
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil until 350°F in a heavy bottomed pot or a deep fryer.
Place sliced avocado, cilantro, and salt in a bowl and gently stir to combine. Try not to break up the avocado slices, that is what makes these delicious.
Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean, dry surface, angled towards you like a diamond.
Put a few slices of avocado in the center of the wrapper, and top with a couple pieces of sun dried tomatoes.
Using your finger dab a little water along the outer edges of the wrapper all the way around (to help seal the egg roll shut).
Roll up the egg roll by folding up the bottom corner halfway to cover the avocado mixture. Fold the right and left sides of the wrapper towards the center, creating what looks like an open envelope. Roll the base of the envelope (folded portions) towards the remaining corner. Make sure all edges are sealed shut.
Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers until the avocado mixture is gone.
Place the egg rolls one or two at a time in the hot oil, and cook until they are golden brown (approximately 2 to 3 minutes).
Remove from oil to either a wire rack or paper towels to drain. Cool slightly and cut and an angle.
CREAMY CILANTRO RANCH DIP:
Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Best if prepared at least 1 hour ahead of time so the flavors meld.
Lasts up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Snickers™ Slab Pie 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Lemon Loaf 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Nut Cookies 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Rustic Tuscan-Style Sausage, White... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Ham & Beans - Instant Pot 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Christmas Rib Roast 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Burrito Bowl Mason Jars 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Roast Beef Summer Rolls 4.5/5 (11 Votes)