Roasted Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad with Zesty Lime Dressing
- For the Dressing:
- 2 sweet potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into 1 cm chunks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup dried quinoa
- 1 cup water or stock
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup cilantro and parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2-3 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon (each) ground cinnamon, ground cumin, ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Transfer the chopped sweet potato to the baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil, and gently toss to coat.
3. Bake for 20 minutes. Let potatoes cool slightly before handling.
For the Quinoa:
1. Add dried quinoa and cooking liquid of choice to a pot over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover pot with a tight-fitting lid.
2. Let the quinoa cook for 10-12 minutes or until fluffy and no water remains.
3. Remove from heat and let cool slightly in pot before handling.
For the Dressing:
1. Add oil, lime juice, vinegar, honey, spices and salt to a bowl or mason jar. Whisk or shake until the salad dressing comes together. Adjust sweetness, salt or lime to taste, if needed. Set aside.
For the Salad:
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the slightly cooled sweet potatoes, slightly cooked quinoa, cranberries, onions and fresh herbs.
2. Pour the dressing over top of the veggies and quinoa. Gentle stir to combine, ensuring everything is evenly coated. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
3. Garnish with raw pumpkin seeds on top.
4. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Cabbage with Roasted Sweet... 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Roasted Sweet Potato Coins 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Sweet & Spicy Sausage Seasoning 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Potato Fry Bread 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Mixed Berry Salad With Strawberry... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Shrimp & Asparagus Stir Fry... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Peach Glazed Pork Chops 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Ninja Potato Soup 4.2/5 (5 Votes)