Penne With Chicken, Squash, Broccoli Rabe, Caramelized Onions
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion halved lengthwise, and cut into thin wedges
- 2 cups peeled seeded butternut squash in 1/2"
- 3/4 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 pound roast chicken breast halves torn bite size
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe thick stems
- discarded, and cut into 1" pieces
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and squash; cook until onion is golden and squash is tender, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes. Add broth; bring to boil. Add chicken and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until pasta is almost tender, about 6 minutes. Add broccoli rabe; boil until broccoli rabe and pasta are just tender, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes longer. Drain.
Return pasta mixture to same pot. Stir in chicken mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 503; total fat, 9 g; saturated fat, 2 g; cholesterol, 97 mg.
You'll also love
- Peaches-And-Cream Streusel Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Shrimp, Green Beans,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Roasted Provencal... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes And Squash With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Marinated Tempeh Stir-Fry With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni, Tomato, Corn And Basil... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Polenta With Corn, Red... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garbanzo Bean, Tuna And Onion... 0/5 (0 Votes)