Pressure Cooker Macaroni & Cheese
Simple and easy macaroni and cheese in the pressure cooker. Flavor is amped up by dry mustard and cayenne pepper.
- 1 package elbow macaroni or shells, 16 ounces
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans evaporated milk, 12 ounces
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Adapted from pressurecookingtoday.com
Mix macaroni, water, salt, mustard, and cayenne together in pressure cooker pot. Lock lid in place, select High Pressure, 5 minutes cook time and press start. When timer beeps, turn off pressure cooker, and do a quick pressure release. When valve drops carefully remove lid.
Stir in evaporated milk. Select browning and simmer until sauce has thickened and pasta is tender, 1 to 3 minutes. Turn of pressure cooker, stir in cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, a handful at a time, until cheese has melted and sauce is smooth. (It is important to do it a handful at a time so the cheese doesn't clump together.)
Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Salted Caramel Banana Bread 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Seafood Quiche Low Carb 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Cookies 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Beer Battered Grilled Cheese... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Lemon & Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes... 4.3/5 (49 Votes)
- Vegan: Pad Thai-style Noodles with... 4.8/5 (21 Votes)
- Antipasto Pasta Salad, from Cook's... 4.3/5 (62 Votes)
- Creamy White Chicken Alfredo... 4.4/5 (41 Votes)