Rosemary-Scented Dinner Rolls
Moist and fragrant rolls elegantly garnished with a sprig of rosemary. Lovely for the holidays!
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cubed, plus melted butter
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (1/4-ounce) packet active dry yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 18 (1 1/2-inch) rosemary sprigs
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 120mins
Brush 18 cups of 2 standard-size muffin pans with melted butter.
In a small bowl, whisk the warm water with the sugar and yeast and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt. Using your fingers, pinch the cold butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some pea-size pieces of butter remaining. Stir in the yeast mixture until the dough is evenly moistened (it will be shaggy), then stir in the yogurt to form a sticky dough. Scoop 1/4 cup of the dough into each buttered muffin cup and let stand in a warm place until risen, about 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Brush the rolls with melted butter and stick a rosemary sprig in each one. Bake the rolls in the lower and upper thirds of the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden; shift the pans from top to bottom and front to back halfway through baking. Transfer the rolls to a platter or basket and serve warm.
You'll also love
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.2/5 (741 Votes)
- Best Light & Fluffy Dinner Rolls 3.9/5 (239 Votes)
- Baked Ham & Cheese Sandwiches 4/5 (179 Votes)
- Pine Nut & Feta Cheese Ball 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Red Pepper Rouille & Shrimp Toasts 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Banana Raisin Muffins 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Chickpea Dip with Italian Parsley... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- High Altitude Zucchini Bread 3.9/5 (27 Votes)