- 1 Spanish onion, peeled, chopped
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 of a .25 oz pkg Thyme leaves
- 1/2 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 habanero pepper, halved (wear gloves)
- 1 can (15.5 oz) Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag (16 oz) Brown Long Grain Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add onion, garlic, green onions, ginger, thyme, and salt to food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
Heat oil in oven-safe pan on MED. Add onion mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 min. Increase heat to MED-HIGH. Add habanero, beans, and rice to pan; stir to combine.
Cook, stirring, 2 min. Add water and coconut milk, stirring continuously. Bring to simmer; cover. Remove from heat.
Place covered pan in oven; cook 35 min. Let rest 10 min. Stir; remove habanero before serving.