Grilled Broccoli Rabe with Salsa Rossa
Grilled broccoli rabe is slightly charred creating a crunchy/tender texture and elevated even more with an awesome sun-dried tomato and roasted red pepper salsa Rossa. Warning: So good, it may overshadow the main, enjoy!
- SALSA ROSSA:
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup pickled hot peppers, finely chopped, plus 1/4 cup brine from the jar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- BROCCOLI RABE:
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Shaved Pecorino Sardo, for serving
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
In a saucepan, boil 1 cup of water. Remove from the heat. Add the tomatoes and crushed red pepper. Let stand until the tomatoes are softened, 15 minutes.
Transfer the tomatoes and their liquid to a blender. Add the roasted pepper, pickled peppers, brine and vinegar and puree until very smooth. With the machine on, gradually add the olive oil until incorporated. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the oregano and sugar. Season with salt and black pepper.
Set up an ice bath. In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the broccoli rabe for 2 minutes. Transfer to the ice bath. Drain and pat dry.
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a bowl, toss the broccoli rabe with the oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred, 4 minutes. Serve with the Salsa Rossa and pecorino.
You'll also love
- Sausage, Tomato & Fennel Shells 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Bacon Breakfast Burgers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Koosa Mahshi (Syrian Stuffed... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Simple Ceviche 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Stew with Mushrooms and Penne... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potatoes Au Gratin - Black Angus... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Orzo 0/5 (0 Votes)