Thai Pork Sliders with Pickled Cucumbers, Sriracha Aioli, & Homemade Slider Buns
DELICIOUS! Thai Pork Sliders with Pickled Cucumbers, Sriracha Aioli, & Homemade Slider Buns, recipe directions include how to make the Sriracha Aioli, & Slider Buns. Enjoy!
- SRIRACHA AIOLI:
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 medium or 1 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 8 large fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 16 fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 8-10 slider buns
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup olive oil
- Sriracha, to taste (about 3 tablespoons)
- Sea salt, to taste
- HOMEMADE SLIDER BUNS:
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water (110°F to 115°F)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- Egg wash – 1 egg beaten with 2 teaspoons water
- Sesame seeds
Combine the pork, minced garlic, minced ginger, sesame oil, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, and soy sauce in a medium bowl and stir together until meat is seasoned evenly. Set aside while you prepare the pickles to let the flavors meld.
Whisk together the rice vinegar, honey, and orange juice in a medium bowl until the honey is dissolved. Stir in the cucumbers, chopped cilantro, basil, and mint, and thoroughly coat all the cucumbers with the dressing. Set aside.
Lightly coat a griddle or cast-iron pan with oil and warm over medium heat (if you don’t have a cast-iron pan, use a regular pan but use more oil). Form the pork mixture into 8-10 small burger patties. When the pan is hot, add the patties and cook for 3 minutes per side, or until firm to the touch and cooked through.
Serve the burgers with the pickled cucumbers and Sriracha aioli on top of the slider buns. Serve the extra pickled cucumbers on the side with chopped peanuts, if desired.
Place egg yolk, lemon juice, water, and mustard in the bottom of a vessel in which your immersion blender fits snugly. Pulse the blender a few times to blend the ingredients so that they are smooth. Very slowly drizzle in the olive oil as you pulse the blender, pausing the drizzle occasionally to make sure that the aioli is coming together and turning creamy white. Continue drizzling in the olive oil while blending until you’ve used all the olive oil.
Remove the immersion blender and stir Sriracha and sea salt into the aioli a little at a time, tasting as you go, until your aioli has the desired flavor and heat. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for a few days.
Homemade Slider Buns:
Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, combine yeast, water, oil, and sugar. Let sit and proof for 5-10 minutes – yeast should dissolve and get slightly goopy. Stir in egg and salt, then stir in flour a half cup at a time until you have a soft dough. Turn out dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5-8 minutes. Break into 16 equal sized pieces and roll them into balls. Flatten slightly and place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise for 10 minutes.
Brush the top of each bun with a small amount of egg wash, then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake buns for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Guinness Braised Onion and Aged... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Sherry Mushroom Rice 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Cowboy Nachos 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Greek Spaghetti 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Pasta 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Grilled Ribeye Steak with Onion... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Asian Vegetable-Beef Soup 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Cucumber Ginger Fizz 4.4/5 (12 Votes)