These are by far the best, crispiest and tastiest nachos I have ever made myself. This is a Pioneer Woman recipe by Ree. Look no further.
I used ground beef and a can of black beans just for times sakes.
- 2 cups Pioneer Woman's pinto beans from "beans and cornbread" Recipe On Tasty Kitchen
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Minced garlic, to taste
- Jarred or fresh Jalapenos (optional)
- Canola oil
- 2 cups Pioneer Woman's beef brisket from "beef Brisket" Recipe
- Pan drippings from brisket or beef broth (optional)
- 1 can Mexican Red Sauce or enchilada sauce (Enough to moisten beef))
- 2 cups Pioneer Woman's pico de gallo from "pico De Gallo And Guacamole" Recipe
- Tortilla chips
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated, or to taste
- Guacamole and sour cream (optional)
Heat up pinto beans and doctor them to your desired “temperature,” adding the ground black pepper, Tabasco sauce, minced garlic and jalapenos. Make it as spicy or mild as you like.
Next, in a very hot skillet, add a bit of canola oil and the shredded brisket. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and then flip and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
Preheat your oven’s broiler.
Next pour some of the red sauce over the meat to make it nice and moist. If you have them, also add a bit of pan drippings from the brisket cooking process or a bit of beef broth, again just enough to bring the meat to a nice moist consistency. Stir to combine. Turn off heat.
Grate your Monterey Jack (however much you want).
In a heat proof dish layer chips, beans, brisket, cheese, and pico de gallo. Repeat layers but leave off the second layer of pico de gallo until after the dish is cooked.
Place on the middle or bottom rack of your oven and broil until cheese is melted. Watch closely. When cheese is melted, remove from oven and sprinkle a generous amount of pico de gallo over the top.
Inhale, exhale, and then ravenously consume!
You'll also love
- Greek Spaghetti 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Tapas: Crab Dip 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Grilled Ribeye Steak with Onion... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- E.D. Smith's Pumpkin Pie 3.7/5 (295 Votes)
- Chili & Cheese Mini Pasta Pies 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Baltimore Berger Cookies 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Mozzarella Stuffed... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon, Fennel and Goat... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)