Tapas: Crab Dip
This Crab Dip tapas is great served with crackers or vegetable dippers. Enjoy!
- 1 cup cooked crabmeat or one 6-ounce can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red onion or green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dillweed or 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel or lime peel, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- Several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- Dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and black pepper
- Assorted crackers and/or vegetable dippers
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 150mins
In a small bowl stir together crab, mayonnaise, sour cream, 2 tablespoons onion, 1 tablespoon dill, 1 teaspoon lemon peel, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, and, if desired, cayenne pepper. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Transfer dip to a serving dish. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. If desired, garnish with finely chopped red or green onion.
Serve with crackers or vegetable dippers.
Variation Crab Tartlets: Prepare dip as above through step 1. Spoon dip into 30 miniature phyllo dough shells (two, 2.1-ounce packages). For a hot appetizer, place the 30 miniature phyllo dough shells on a large baking sheet. Spoon dip into phyllo shells. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through. If desired, garnish with finely shredded lemon peel and fresh dill sprigs
You'll also love
- Baked: Bars: (Paleo) Pumpkin Bars 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Blueberry Sour Cream Waffles 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Grilled Ribeye Steak with Onion... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Perfect Crispy Potatoes 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Mongolian Shrimp & Broccoli 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Truffled Lobster Risotto 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Chili & Cheese Mini Pasta Pies 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Seafood Stuffed Onion 4.4/5 (18 Votes)