Tapas: Crab Dip
This Crab Dip tapas is great served with crackers or vegetable dippers. Enjoy!
- 1 cup cooked crabmeat or one 6-ounce can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red onion or green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dillweed or 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel or lime peel, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- Several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- Dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and black pepper
- Assorted crackers and/or vegetable dippers
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 150mins
In a small bowl stir together crab, mayonnaise, sour cream, 2 tablespoons onion, 1 tablespoon dill, 1 teaspoon lemon peel, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, and, if desired, cayenne pepper. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Transfer dip to a serving dish. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. If desired, garnish with finely chopped red or green onion.
Serve with crackers or vegetable dippers.
Variation Crab Tartlets: Prepare dip as above through step 1. Spoon dip into 30 miniature phyllo dough shells (two, 2.1-ounce packages). For a hot appetizer, place the 30 miniature phyllo dough shells on a large baking sheet. Spoon dip into phyllo shells. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through. If desired, garnish with finely shredded lemon peel and fresh dill sprigs
You'll also love
- Cream Cheese - Lemon Pound Cake 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Easy Apple Cobbler 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- The Joy of Cooking Tuna Noodle... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes and Cheese 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Chile con Queso 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Candied Popcorn 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Italian 7-Layer Dip 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Mussels in Red Sauce 4.6/5 (7 Votes)