MUSSELS: Mussels on the Half Shell with Parmesan and Garlic
Prep time20 minutes
Grilling time4 to 10 minutes
Special equipmentperforated grill pan or cast-iron skillet
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano® cheese
- 2 tablespoons panko
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 24 large, live mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley leaves
Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients and blend with a fork.
Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the mussels over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until they open, 2 to 5 minutes. Transfer the mussels to a plate. Discard any mussels that have not opened. Preheat the grill pan over direct medium heat for about 10 minutes.
When the mussels are cool enough to handle, pull away the top shell, leaving the mussel in the bottom half of the shell. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the topping on top of each mussel.
Place the mussels in a single layer on the grill pan. Grill over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until the topping is bubbling, 2 to 5 minutes. Remove from the grill and top with the parsley. Serve immediately
You'll also love
- Sherry Mushroom Rice 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Apple Pie Dip & Cinnamon-Sugar... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Tapas: Crab Dip 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Baked: Bars: (Paleo) Pumpkin Bars 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Grilled Ribeye Steak with Onion... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Mongolian Shrimp & Broccoli 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Garlic Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Linguine with Pesto and Mussels 4.5/5 (2 Votes)