Stir Fried Chicken with Carrots and Spinach
Healthy and quick stir fried chicken with carrots and spinach is a family favorite. The sesame oil and ginger add authentic stir fry flavors.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 slices ginger
- 6 medium carrots, julienned or spiralized into long “noodles”
- 2 scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from thewoksoflife.com
In a bowl, combine the chicken with 2 teaspoons oil, sesame oil, cornstarch, sugar or honey, 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger, and fry for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant and slightly crisp. Add the chicken all in 1 layer, and allow to sear on one side for 1 minute.
Once seared, stir-fry the chicken for a few seconds, and then add the carrot noodles. Stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes, and add an additional tablespoon of soy sauce, along with the scallions. Stir-fry for 1 minute, and then add the baby spinach.
Stir in the spinach until it’s just wilted (it should only take a few seconds). Serve, and top with more chopped scallions if desired!
You'll also love
- BBQ Chicken Kabobs 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pesto Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Spinach Souffle Quiche 3.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Malabar Spinach And Wild Mushroom... 3.8/5 (35 Votes)
- Sugar Snap Pea & Carrot Soba... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Easy Chicken and Waffles 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Cheap Chicken Curry 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Pad Thai Zoodle Bowls 4/5 (4 Votes)