Sweet, Sticky, and Spicy Chicken
- 1/2 lb broccoli (about 1 large stalk)
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/4 tsp cornstarch
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Separate broccoli into florets and stalk. Cut off and discard very tough bottom of stalk, then peel remaining stalk with a paring knife and thinly slice crosswise. Slice florets in half lengthwise.
Mix together soy sauce, hot sauce, honey, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic in a bowl. Whisk in cornstarch until well combined. Sprinkle chicken with salt.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 2 minutes. Turn chicken over, add broccoli and 3 tbsp water, and cook until broccoli is bright green and chicken is almost cooked through, about 3 minutes. Stir soy sauce mixture once more, pour into skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened, chicken is cooked through, and broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
*If you like, double sauce recipe for more sauce.
Per 1 1/2-cup serving: 241 cal; 6.5g fat (1g sat);29g pro; 17g carb; 1.7g fiber; 907mg sodium; 83mg chol.
You'll also love
- Smothered Chicken Pasta Bake 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken Adobo 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread 3.9/5 (31 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Served... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Quick and Easy Chicken Fried Rice 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
Review this recipe