Easy Italian Lemon Pound Cake
The perfect summer time cake, this dessert isn't too heavy and is great for a breezy evening on your front porch.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons ( about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 90mins
Preheat oven to 300°F.
Sift flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside. In another bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in the sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla, ginger, and lemon zest.
Mix half of the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Mix in the buttermilk and then add in the remaining flour mixture. Mix just until the flour disappears. Pour the cake batter into a bundt pan that has been generously sprayed with baking spray.
Bake for 70 to 80 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Turn the cake over on a cake platter. Spread the lemon glaze over the warm cake so that the glaze can soak into the cake. Let the cake cool completely and drizzle the lemon cream cheese frosting over the cake.
You'll also love
- 3-Ingredient Simply Great Chicken 4.2/5 (80 Votes)
- Doritos Crusted Chicken Strips 4.7/5 (40 Votes)
- Cherry Vanilla Cake with Swiss... 4.2/5 (69 Votes)
- Lemon Butter Baked Cod 3.8/5 (163 Votes)
- Flat Belly - Chicken Piccata 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Lemon Iced Lemon Pound Cake 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
- Buttermilk Rum Pound Cake 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Panda Express Orange Chicken 4.4/5 (60 Votes)