Lemon Butter Baked Cod
Perfect way to prepare any type of white fish with a lemon butter sauce. Makes a fantastic meal when served with white jasmine rice and steamed broccoli or asparagus!
- 2 pounds cod fillet, or any white fish
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Dash paprika, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from justapinch.com
Cut fillets into serving sizes. Melt butter in sauce pan or microwave. Add lemon juice to melted butter.
In another dish, mix together flour, salt & pepper.
Dip fish into butter/lemon mix, then lightly coat with the flour mixture, coating well on all sides.
Place coated fillets in an ungreased baking dish. Drizzle remaining butter mix over fillets. Sprinkle entire dish with paprika.
Bake, uncovered in 350°F oven for 25-30 minutes. Fish should flake easily with a fork.
Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
You'll also love
- Apple Pancake 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
- Grateful Grapefruit 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Potato Soup with... 4.3/5 (67 Votes)
- Spinach and Mushroom Stuffed... 4.3/5 (66 Votes)
- Maple Bacon Monkey Bread 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Flat Belly - Chicken Piccata 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Guiltless Lemon Coconut Cake 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Salmon Oscar 4.3/5 (59 Votes)