Doritos Crusted Chicken Strips
Doritos crusted chicken strips are perfect crunchy chicken fingers with the clear taste of nacho cheese Doritos. Finger licking good, enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large bag of Doritos, Nacho Cheese Flavor (11.5 ounce)
- 2 cups flour
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from sixsistersstuff.com
Cut the chicken into thin 1/2 inch strips.
Using a food processor, crush the Doritos so that they are a texture coarse like bread crumbs. Set aside in a large bowl. (If you don’t have a food processor, make a small hole in the Doritos bag and get the air out of it. Then use a rolling pin and crush the chips in the bag).
Mix the flour and salt in one bowl and eggs in another. Whisk the eggs so that they are well scrambled.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Set up the four bowls in order: a bowl with the chicken, a bowl with the flour and salt, a bowl with the beaten eggs, a bowl with the crushed Doritos, and then the pan.
Lift out a few chicken strips and place them in the flour so they are all coated. Lift the chicken strips out of the flour and shake off any excess. Place them in the eggs and turn them so they are evenly coated. Lift them out of the egg and then place them in the crushed Doritos – again so they are even coated. Place the coated chicken strips on the baking sheet. Do this with the remaining chicken strips.
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Pulled Pork Melt 4.4/5 (56 Votes)
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Mac and Cheese 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
- Lemon Butter Baked Cod 3.8/5 (162 Votes)
- Spinach and Mushroom Stuffed... 4.3/5 (65 Votes)
- Flat Belly - Chicken Piccata 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Guiltless Lemon Coconut Cake 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Cajun Spinach Stuffed Chicken... 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Mini Crostini Appetizers 4.4/5 (61 Votes)