Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- 1 medium potato,peeled, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic bulb
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk, warmed
- Shredded Parmesan (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl combine
cauliflower and potato. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of
the oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste; toss
to combine. Place on a rimmed baking sheet; set aside.
2. Cut the top of the garlic bulb to expose the cloves.
Place garlic, cut side up, on a sheet of foil, drizzle with
remaining oil. Bring sides of foil together to enclose
garlic; crimp to seal.
3. Place garlic and baking sheet with potatoes in oven.
Roast 20 minutes or until softened. Let cool slightly.
4. Cut or squeeze garlic from peel and place in a blender;
discard peel. Add two-thirds of the cauliflower mixture
to blender; pulse several seconds. In a large bowl
coarsely mash remaining cauliflower mixture with a
fork. Add blended cauliflower to bowl; stir to combine.
Add butter and milk; stir to combine. Season with salt
and pepper to taste. Place in a serving bowl and
(if desired) sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve warm. Serves 4
You'll also love
- Olive Blue Cheese Pecan Ball 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked: Muffins: (Paleo) Blueberry... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Dublin Coddle Irish Sausage,... 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip Stuffed... 3.9/5 (82 Votes)
- Roasted chicken with potatoes,... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Quinoa Cauliflower and Collard... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Side: Cauliflower Mash 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Herbed Salmon with Roasted Green... 0/5 (0 Votes)