Louis Solley's Roast Cauliflower, Almonds & Pomegranate
- 1 white cauliflower
- 25 grams butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoons fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoons turmeric
- 100 milliliters double cream
- Half a purple or romanesco cauliflower
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 100 grams flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 pomegranate, deseeded
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
Adapted from wsj.com
Preheat oven to 200C. Roughly chop half the white cauliflower and sweat in a pan with butter, garlic, fenugreek and turmeric, 5 minutes. Add 50 milliliters water. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add cream and reduce until mixture coats the back of a spoon and the cauliflower is soft. Purée.
Cut the remaining white cauliflower and romanesco into small florets, coat with olive oil, salt and ground coriander. Roast in oven until they start to color, 4-5 minutes.
Toast almonds and coriander seeds on low heat until golden.
Spread purée on plate and top with roasted cauliflower, toasted seeds and nuts, pomegranate and parsley. Finish with a drizzle of good olive oil.
You'll also love
- Spring Pea Salad with Creamy Curry... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Carrot Cake 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- doTERRA Coconut Oil Deodorant 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Blueberry Muffins (with lemon) 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pomegranate Caramelized Onions 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Red Potato-Cauliflower Salad... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Warm Butternut Squash Salad with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)