Creamy potato bacon bake
- 6 pontiac potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 3 bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) thickened cream
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 1 1/2-litre (6 cup) capacity deep baking dish with melted butter. Layer the potato, onion and bacon in the prepared dish.
Combine the garlic, cream and chicken stock in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to a simmer. remove from heat and pour evenly over the potato mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until tender. remove from heat. set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly before serving.