Sweet Potato Cakes with Smoked Black Cod & Dill Cream
The perfect comfort food! If you've never tied these Sweet Potato Cakes with Smoked Black Cod & Dill Cream - now is your chance! Enjoy!
A recipe from The Pantry, Seattle, WA.
- 6 ounces orange sweet potato (about 1 large), grated (on the large side of a box grater)
- 1 scant tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 TBS minced shallot (caramelized in a little oil)
- Safflower oil or other high-heat oil, for frying
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 pound smoked black cod
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
In a large bowl, mix the grated sweet potato with the salt. Let it stand for 10 minutes. With two hands, squeeze out all the excess water. Discard the liquid. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl. Add the eggs, flour, pepper, and shallot to the sweet potato mixture.
Form a bit of the mixture into one cake, about 2-inches in diameter. Film the bottom of a saute pan with oil over medium-high heat and fry one "tester" cake until it is brown on both sides. Transfer to some paper towel or a flattened paper bag to soak up any excess oil, then taste. If it needs more salt, adjust the rest of the mixture. Form and fry the rest of the cakes and keep them warm in a very low oven.
When you are ready to serve, whisk the creme fraiche with the dill until the mixture holds soft peaks. Place a small piece of smoked black cod on top of each sweet potato cake, dollop with a bit of dill creme fraiche, and garnish with dill sprigs. Serve immediately.
Makes 20 cakes.
You'll also love
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)
- Mustard Potato Cakes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Crisp (Vallerie) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Farrow & Brussel Sprout Bowl with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Twice Baked Tuna Stuffed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Shrimp and Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Firecracker Grilled Alaska Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cod Taco 0/5 (0 Votes)