Farrow & Brussel Sprout Bowl with Prosciutto
This healthy and delicious dish features farrow, Brussel sprouts and prosciutto drizzled with a balsamic glaze and sprinkling of shredded Parmesan and chopped basil.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10-ounce) package shaved brussels sprouts or 10 ounces brussels sprouts thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups cooked Farro chilled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- Cracked black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
In a wok or 12 inch nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium high heat.
Add brussels sprouts and onion, cook and stir four minutes or just until crisp tender.
Add prosciutto, walnuts and garlic cook and stir two minutes.
Add Farro and remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and stir 3 to 4 minutes more or until heated through.
Divide mixture among bowls and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Sprinkle with cheese basil and pepper. Enjoy!