Lemon Sugar Cookies
Two Peas And Their Pod ~ These aren’t strong in lemon. My teenage son even liked them & he doesn’t like lemon flavored food other than lemonade!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 2 large lemons
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar for rolling cookies
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from twopeasandtheirpod.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, & salt. Using a mixer, beat together butter & sugar until smooth and creamy. Add lemon zest, egg, vanilla extract, & lemon juice. Mix until combined. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
Roll rounded tablespoons of dough into balls (or use a cookies scoop) & roll in sugar. Place on prepared baking sheets, about 1 ½ inches apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are slightly brown around the edges & set. Let cookies sit on the baking sheets for two minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Tip: To keep cookies soft, store them with a slice of bread in an air tight container
You'll also love
- Easy Oven-Baked Zucchini Chips 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Traditional Italian Cream Cake 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Pork Carnitas 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Easter Lamb Carrot Cupcakes 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Tate's Bake Shop Chocolate Chip... 3.9/5 (64 Votes)
- Pumpkin Power Cookies 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Banana Oat Dog Treat Cookies 4.1/5 (37 Votes)
- Hanukkah Gelt Cookies 4.4/5 (9 Votes)