Strawberry Shortcake Tiramisu
- 44 egg yolks
- 1/4cup1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon (divided)
- 8ounces8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1cup1 cup heavy whipping cream
- pinchpinch salt
- 1818 lady fingers
- 2cups2 cups strawberries
- 1/4cup1/4 cup orange juice
- prepared whipped cream
- strawberry syrup (this homemade recipe or your favorite store bought)
Adapted from theslowroasteditalian.com
1. Slice strawberries and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Stir to combine and set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine egg yolks and sugar. Mix on medium until sugar and egg mixture is light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add salt, whipping cream and cream cheese. Whip until mixture is thick and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, pour orange juice into a wide bowl.
4. Once cream is done, layer your dessert in a trifle dish. Dip ladyfingers, one at a time into orange juice and crumble into the bottom of the trifle dish. Each dish will get 1 ½ lady fingers on the first layer. Add a heaping ¼ of cream to each trifle dish. Divide ½ of strawberries amongst trifle dishes. Repeat.
5. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of strawberry syrup. Serve and enjoy.
COOK'S NOTE: If you want to 'spice' things up a bit, you can swap Grand Marnier orange liqueur for the orange juice.