Strawberry Cream Brunch Cake
This Strawberry Cream Brunch Cake is absolutely scrumptious. If your taste buds had faces your mouth would be filled with 10,000 smiling faces! Strawberry Cream Brunch Cake is the recipe that gives you an excuse to eat cake for breakfast so be sure to serve it at your next breakfast or brunch buffet and watch as all of your friends devour this yummy recipe.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup strawberry or raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 95mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and side of 10-inch springform pan or 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with shortening; lightly flour.
In a small bowl, mix filling ingredients until smooth; set aside.
In a large bowl, mix 2 1/4 cups flour and 3/4 cup sugar. Cut in butter, using a pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through mixture in opposite directions), until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture. Stir baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, almond extract and egg into remaining crumb mixture. Spread batter over bottom and 2 inches up side (about 1/4 inch thick) of the pan.
Pour filling over batter. Carefully spoon preserves evenly over filling. Mix almonds and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over preserves.
Bake springform pan 50 to 60 minutes, 11x7-inch dish 35 to 45 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is deep golden brown. Cool 15 minutes; remove side of springform pan. Serve warm if desired. Store covered in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Baked Ranch Chicken 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- No Bake Strawberry Eclair Cake 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Taco Grande 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Vanilla Sea Salted Peanut Cookies 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Paleo CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CAKE 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Sour Cream Chicken 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Buttermilk Pound Cake with Cream... 4.2/5 (44 Votes)