Slow-Cooker Chicken Pot Pie with Pie Crust Crackers
What a great Pot Pie slow cooker recipe idea! The thick and creamy chicken and veggie filling is served with easy pie crust crackers on the side ensuring a crisp and creamy texture combination in every bite.
- PIE CRUST CRACKERS:
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless skinless (about 2 pounds)
- 3 cups Progresso™ chicken broth from 32-ounce carton
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 stalks celery, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Italian, finely chopped (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
Adapted from tablespoon.com
Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix chicken, broth, carrots, potatoes, celery, onion, thyme, salt and the pepper. Cover; cook on High heat setting 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165°F) and potatoes and carrots are tender.
Uncover; using 2 forks, shred chicken into large chunks.
In small bowl, beat cornstarch and water with whisk until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture and whipping cream to slow cooker; stir to combine. Cover; cook about 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in parsley.
Meanwhile, heat oven to 450°F.
In small bowl, mix melted butter, thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well blended. Unroll pie crusts on 2 large un-greased cookie sheets; brush with seasoned butter. With pizza cutter or knife, cut pie crust into 4x1-inch strips. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pot pie.