- 2 1/2-3 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Slow-cooker liner
- 1 15 - 16 - ounce can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 - 15 1/2 - ounce can hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 16 - ounce jar mango lime salsa or salsa
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Lime wedges (optional)
Adapted from freerecipenetwork.com
Trim fat from meat; cut meat into 1-inch pieces. In a large bowl, toss meat with cumin. In a large skillet, cook pork, half at a time, in hot oil; drain off fat.
Line a 3-1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with a slow-cooker liner. In the cooker, combine pork, navy beans, and hominy. In a large bowl, combine salsa and the water.
Pour over pork mixture.
Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours. If you like, serve with lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Chinese Broccoli 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- TOMATO ROSEMARY FOCACCIA 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Bob Rae's Skillet Beef Tenderloin 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- kidney bean salad recipe 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Pork Shoulder Braised in Milk 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Pork Roast - Sunday Pork Roast... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- P.F. Chang's Spicy Dip for Fried... 3.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Italian Antipasto Squares 4.2/5 (6 Votes)