Fried Potatoes and Hamburger
- 1 TBS vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 TBS minced garlic
- 2 TBS vegetable oil
- 12-15 fingerling potatoes
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- dash pepper
- shredded cheddar, for topping (optional)
Adapted from cooking-from-scratch.blogspot.com
Wash the potatoes and prick with a toothpick or cake tester. Microwave on high until they are almost tender through. Let cool until they can be handled. Rub off the peel and cut into small pieces. (some people like the peels on fingerlings, so they can be left on).
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions once the skillet is hot. Saute for 3-5 minutes, until the onions have browned slightly and are translucent.
Add the ground meat and begin to brown. After the meat has browned slightly, push the meat and onions to the side of the pan and add the remaining oil and let heat. When oil is hot, add the potatoes and garlic. Stir to evenly coat and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring infrequently, until potatoes are nicely browned, about 15-20 minutes.
Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
You'll also love
- Omelet Rollups or Roulade with... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- German-Style Fried Potatoes -... 4/5 (72 Votes)
- ONE-POT CHEESY TACO PASTA 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Australian Sausage Rolls 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- The Best Banana Bread Muffins Ever 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Contest-Winning Caramel Apple... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Swedish Potato Casserole 4/5 (28 Votes)