Pumpkin Spice Latte
If you are looking for a treat or a mid afternoon pick me up, this healthy and delicious pumpkin spice latte will definitely do the trick! If you don't like using turbinado sugar, coconut palm sugar or sucanat sweetener can be substituted.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon turbinado
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup hot espresso or strong brewed coffee
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
Adapted from cleaneatingonline.com
Combine milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot. Whisk vigorously until foamy, about 30 seconds.
Pour espresso or coffee into a large mug and add foamed milk. Top with whipped cream if desired and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.