Orange Cream Fudge
So simple and easy to prepare. This classic Orange Cream Fudge dish is and always will be a family favorite!
- 3 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup butter + 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 (11-ounce) package white chocolate chips or white baking discs
- 3 teaspoons orange extract
- 12 drops yellow food coloring
- 9 drops red food coloring
Using the 1 1/2 tablespoons, butter a 9 x 13-inch pan. Linda Spence recommends using a basic cookie sheet, with raised sides, instead of a 13X9-inch pan. The fudge is fairly thick in the 9X13-inch pan and difficult to cut. Tiny pieces like she served at the Guild meeting should suffice!
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, cream and butter. On medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring often. Cook for about 4 minutes to soft ball stage, 234°F (112°C). Remove from heat and stir in marshmallow creme and white chocolate chips; mix well until the chips melt. Reserve 1 cup of mixture and set aside.
To the remaining mixture add orange flavoring, yellow and red food coloring. Stir well and pour into prepared pan. Pour reserved cream mixture on top. Using a knife, swirl layers for decorative effect.
Chill for 2 hours, or until firm, and cut into squares.
You'll also love
- Fresh Blueberry-Vanilla Cake 4.5/5 (86 Votes)
- The Best Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe... 4.2/5 (113 Votes)
- Hot Pretzel Bites 4.4/5 (91 Votes)
- Grilled Avocados 4.5/5 (80 Votes)
- Shrimp Pasta with Tomatoes, Lemon... 4.3/5 (98 Votes)
- 7-Up Cake 4.5/5 (77 Votes)
- Pecan Praline Bark 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- Lemonade Ice Cream Pie 4.3/5 (98 Votes)