Fresh Blueberry-Vanilla Cake
5 points per serving
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (about 1 pint)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 10-inch tube pan with nonstick spray. Dust with flour, shaking out excess.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg in large zip-close plastic bag. Seal bag and shake until mixed well. Whisk together buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl. Add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture, stirring just until blended; gently stir in blueberries. Scrape batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
Bake until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Let cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and let cool completely on rack.
PER SERVING (1/24 of cake): 159 Cal, 6 g Total Fat, 1 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 27 mg Choi, 130 mg Sod, 27 g Carb, 14 g Sugar, 1 g Fib, 3 g Prot, 22 mg Calc.
You'll also love
- The Best Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe... 4.2/5 (111 Votes)
- Crab Stuffed Flounder 3.9/5 (145 Votes)
- Grilled Avocados 4.5/5 (80 Votes)
- Applesauce Walnut Cake w/Cake Mix 3.7/5 (164 Votes)
- Stuffed Turkey Breast with... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Muffins 4.5/5 (78 Votes)
- Blueberry Crumble Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (63 Votes)