Kevin's Famous Macaroni and Cheese
"This will be your new family favorite. Kevin's Famous Macaroni and Cheese is cheesy and delicious!"
- 1 pound Package of Pasta (Conchiglioni, Elbow Macaroni or Penne)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup bacon, diced (Dry Salami or Pancetta)
- 1/8 cup chopped Green Onion
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of pureed garlic
- 3 to 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of Kosher Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika (sweet or hot)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (freshly ground preferred)
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan
- 2 cups off finely shredded Italian cheese (mozzarella, provolone or fontina)
- 1 cup of finely shredded cheddar (sharp, medium or mild)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 55mins
Lightly grease deep oval casserole dish or dutch oven with 1/2 tablespoon of Olive Oil.
Sauté Bacon, dry salami or pancetta in 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Turn off heat, drain and set aside on paper towel to cool.
Boil Pasta according to directions on package, approximately 7-8 minutes in 5 quarts of water. Drain pasta and set aside.
To make the cream sauce, use a large skillet or saucepan. Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add pureed garlic and stir for approximately 2 minutes. Add flour and stir until combined. Add garlic powder, salt, dry mustard, paprika and nutmeg. Stir until combined. Lower heat to medium-low and add milk slowly. Stir continuously for approximately 10-15 minutes or until mixture is thick enough to coat spoon. Turn off heat and set aside to cool for 3-4 minutes.
Add cooked pasta to casserole dish or dutch oven. Pour cream sauce over pasta and stir to combine. Add parmesan and finely shredded Italian cheese and combine well.
Combine cheddar and green onion with bacon, salami or pancetta in a dish and then sprinkle mixture over the top evenly.
Bake covered at 350°F for 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Corn & Jalapeño Dip 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Toffee-Banana Rum Bread 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Cool & Creamy Grape Salad 4.7/5 (28 Votes)
- Chicken Fried Steak with Milk... 4.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Garlic Chicken Wings 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Tomato Basil Pasta Salad 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- One-Pot Pasta with Tomato-Basil... 4.2/5 (57 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole 4.5/5 (38 Votes)