Honey-Lime Drumsticks with Snow Peas & Brown Rice
Honey-Lime Drumsticks with Snow Peas and Brown Rice is filled with the zesty flavors of fresh lime zest and juice, zesty ginger, fresh garlic, and fragrant honey. This recipe is quick and easy to make, and it comes together in under an hour, so it is perfect to make on any busy weeknight. This complete meal comes together with a little help from pre-packaged foods like rice and frozen peas.
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 8 chicken drumsticks, about 2 pounds, skinned
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 (6-ounce) packages microwave-in-bag snow peas
- 1 (8.5-ounce) pouch Uncle Ben's pre-cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine soy sauce, lime juice, canola oil, ginger, and garlic together in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Cut a 1/2-inch-deep slit in the meaty end of each drumstick. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add drumsticks; cook 4 minutes, browning on all sides. Add sauce; turn to coat. Place pan in the oven. Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
Prepare snow peas according to package directions. Prepare rice according to package directions. Combine snow peas, rice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, lime zest, and salt in a bowl. Drizzle any remaining soy sauce mixture over drumsticks. Serve with snow pea and rice mixture.
You'll also love
- Appetizers: Avocado Feta Dip 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet & Spicy Orange Chicken 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Leg of Lamb, Sweet and Sour... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Ground Turkey and Cabbage Stew 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Whole Chicken - Lemon 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Creole-Style White Beans and... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Skillet Creamy Garlic Chicken 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos 4.6/5 (30 Votes)