- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped
- 3/4 cup whole milk, plus more for brushing
- Juice of 1 orange
- Raw sugar, for sprinkling
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl stir in flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and orange zest. Combine 3/4 cup milk and juice of 1 orange.
Mix in butter with fingertips until the consistency of course meal with a few slightly larger butter lumps.
Stir in cranberries and milk and orange juice.
On a floured surface, form into a ball and pat into an 8-inch circle, about ¾-inch thick.
Brush top and sides with cream and sprinkle generously with raw sugar.
Cut into 8 triangles (like you would a pie).
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
Resist eating these immediately and let them rest about 10 minutes to firm up.
You'll also love
- Shrimp and Grape Salad With Dill 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Apple Cranberry Pot Roast 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Cheese Buttercream 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Sour Cream Crumb... 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- APPLE = RAISIN FRENCH PIE 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Mini Orange Monkey Rolls 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Diabetic) 4.6/5 (25 Votes)