Penne with summer squash and ricotta
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb squash or zucchini, cut lengthwise and sliced into half moons
- sea salt
- 1 lb penne
Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add 3 tbsp kosher salt.
Whisk ricotta and 3 tbsp olive oil together in a bowl. Add parmesan, whisking until incorporated. Whisk in 2 tbsp warm water to loosen consistency.
Heat rest of olive oil in a large pot over medium. Add squash and cook, stirring, until tender, 5 minutes. Season with sea salt and remove from heat.
Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of pasta water.
Add pasta and reserved water to the squash, stirring and tossing to mix well. Cover, reduce heat to low, and steam together 2 minutes.
Season with sea salt and pepper, transfer to serving bowl. Garnish with dollops of whipped ricotta and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Curried Lentils and Rice! 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cranberry Walnut Stuffing 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Edna's baked Macaroni and Cheese 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cooking for 2 - Macaroni Egg Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sauteed Chicken with Garlic Pasta 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Salad - Red Bliss Potato Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Squares 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bruschetta with Summer Squash,... 5/5 (1 Votes)