Parmesan Squash Bake
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium butternut/summer squash
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1/2-1 c. grated parmesan
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt to taste
1. In a small pan, heat about 1 T. of olive oil. Fry the diced onion until it's soft, about 7 minutes. Add in the garlic and fry for another minute or so. Pour the onion mixture into the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish.
2. Slice the zucchini and squash into thin slices. Layer them into 4 rows across in the dish, over the onions. Slowly pour the olive oil over the pieces until they are evenly coated. Sprinkle with sea salt.
3. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, uncovered. Pour the parmesan over the top of the dish. Bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until the vegies are soft and slightly golden brown.